Monday, October 15, 2007

midterms and trip planning

This is shaping up to be a crazy week! Already we've had one midterm, we have a paper due by Thursday, and another midterm (Gare has two) on Wednesday! In the time that we aren't studying or writing we have been planning our trip to the mainland.

Our plan is to fly to Milan, stay the night and the next day. On Friday we'll take a night train into Venice and get there just as the city starts to liven up. We have rooms there for 2 nights. Then off to Florence for 3 nights, we hope to pop over to Pisa and Lucca. Definitely Pisa, but Lucca might be promising as well. Then take the train to Rome to enjoy the "eternal city" for 3 more nights. Finally we'll train to Naples and spend the night, the next day up early for Capri and Pompeii, then an overnight train to Siracusa. If all goes as planned we'll be back Monday morning in plenty of time for class! So we have all of the room stuff situated, we just need to figure out what we want to do. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

railrunner130 said...

If you need to cut some space out, Naples isn't that impressive and it's very dirty.

I'll gladly show you pics when I get home, but I didn't enjoy it very much. I can't comment about the rest of mainland Italy though.

John Boulden said...

It all sounds great to me! I'm so envious and I'm enjoying everything so much, especially the great pictures! I've read that the best pizza is in Naples, but I'd have to look up the name of the restaurant. Keep having fun! Super Dud