Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving!

We both wish we could be home for Thanksgiving, especially me because it is my favorite holiday, but we had a great time at school. We posed for a picture taken by our Plato professor Scott Burgess. Apparently the word describing the look on Gare's face is "stoic"
About 12 of the students came and brought a dish to share, some families were here to eat as well. Also about 12 faculty members came with their families too, I would say their were about 40 people there. I made mushrooms from my mom's family recipe, very delicious, not quite as good as the usual though. I have included the only picture I have which is also of me stuffing my face with them, below.


Gary brought bread and there was a ton of it left after dinner. I think everyone was so excited to have familiar food in front of them that they forgot the very Sicilian dinner addition of bread. I didn't have any on any of my three plates. Bonnie, a mcas student, ordered bread from the bakery in the shape of a turkey, a pretty cool addition to our Thanksgiving buffet! Pictured below is Gary's large bad of bread and the turkey.
It was a great Thanksgiving in Ortigia! Hope everyone had a great one as well!

No comments: