Sunday, April 6, 2008

In Like A Lion



Well, we are now in April. It isn't very cold anymore, although it does rain a good bit. Today Lauren and I had a good time. I got a new bag and blazer at the Goodwill in Somerville. Lauren got a new outfit and we each got a few books. After that we saw Juno. We just finished our semi-regular Sunday food binge at the BU Towers dining hall and are now doing internet things at the computer lab. Above is a picture of Lauren doing some internet things.

In 23 days I will have completed the spring semester. Lauren will have another week, I think. Lauren has secured a job as an overseer of a group of autistic kids at a camp in Charlestown. She'll be living with Kim and Harry. I am awaiting a reply from the Latin/Greek Institute in New York City to see if I have been accepted into their Greek language program. I'm not sure if I'll get in or not as I don't have very much experience with studying languages. If I'm not accepted, I might try to study German at Middlebury College in Vermont, or stay in Boston studying and working. I've been accepted as an RA for next school year. If anyone has any ideas for a floor theme, let me know.

Since the last post, we have each been home for Spring Break. We went skiing in Vermont at Okemo Mountain. Kim, Harry, Brady and Dillon came along. Brady was not very successful in his attempt at skiing. Vermont was a lovely place. We had some good apple pie and I bought some nice postcards with pictures of cows. I still haven't decided to whom I shall send them.

Following the trip, we returned to Boston and played Cranium. We left the next day, leaving Lauren to resume her classes. All I remember about the trip home was that we ate at a Ruby Tuesday's.

Once home I spent a good deal of time hanging out with Pop and my parents. I dined at D'Lorenzo's Pizza twice and conversed with the proprietor-woman in Italian after we had a mutual revelation. It turns out that she is originally from Palermo in Sicily and I originally spent four months living in Sicily. I saw some friends and family, opened a new checking account, and then returned to Boston. Since then we've been studying and entertaining ourselves. We also went to a dance. I'll have to get Lauren to post pictures of us at the dance as we were looking resplendent. Well, I hope this blog has been informative, educational, and a pleasure to read. I'll try to keep everyone posted. Here are a few other odd shots.

No comments: